We have recruited some new Digital Leaders to help and support with any Computing issues throughout the school. They are all really excited about fulfilling their roles and carrying out their regular computing-related tasks. Here are some of the things they will be responsible for:
Digital Leader – Job Description
- Helping children with their computer skills e.g. mouse skills
- Helping to log onto computers – break times for year one or during the lesson for other year groups
- Logging onto hall computer (with adult supervision)
- Keeping Computing Suite tidy – children on rotation – break and lunchtimes
- Presentations in hall
- Running computer clubs (KS2 leaders)
Our Digital Leaders are showing true commitment to their role as they attend their weekly computing sessions during their lunch hour. The Digital Leaders have been creating thought showers about what constitutes a digital leader. Some of the important skills they have highlighted are: knowledgeable, ICT literate, patient and smart appearance. Our Digital Leaders are currently preparing for Safer Internet Day on Tuesday 6th February, when they will help to deliver a whole school assembly, reminding our children how to use the internet safely and respectfully.
Our digital leaders are now up and running and are starting to practise their computing skills which they can now use to help their classmates. In our weekly club, the wizards will use coding skills, which allows them to create programs for sprites to follow, debug any issues and have fun with the games they are creating. Look out for further news!